Monday, November 8, 2010

Blog Post 11



Ms. Cassidy's Classroom

I would like to begin by saying that Ms. Cassidy truly is a very inspiring teacher. My favorite thing that Ms. Cassidy said through out her Skype interview is that children need technology just like they need a real relationship with their teacher and that a teacher must learn to balance the two. I love that! This is the kind of teacher I want to be. I want to be the teacher that Ms. Cassidy is talking about. I want to be a teacher that can not only teach children what they need to know to succeed (which is now technology)but also having a meaningful relationship with my students so that they know they don't have to make a learning journey alone and that it is always okay to ask for help because I will do whatever it takes to help a child learn and be the best that they can be.

Ms. Cassidy uses a very wide use of technology; from Skype to blogging all the way to Nintendo DS's (which is super awesome and I had to tell her I thought so). I think by teaching children about all of these different types of technology that she is giving them a huge head start on the knowledge they will need.

The children in Ms. Cassidy's class looked so happy and you could tell that they were learning so much! I really love Ms. Cassidy's classroom environment and I wish I had been able to be in her class! It is amazing that she learned everything for her students. She learned how to be technologically literate for the well being of her students education. That is what I call dedication. I hope to be just as dedicated to my students as Ms. Cassidy had been.

The last thing that I would like to address is the answer to the question that has been puzzling school supervisors and teachers for years. That is how to get parents and guardians more involved in students education. I believe that Ms. Cassidy had found the answer. Technology. It might be hard for parents who work to come to the school everyday to just have a chat with a teacher but by using blogs and things like Skype, parent/guardians can be a part of their child's learning experience just by turning on their computers at home. I love that grandparents, aunts, and siblings can all post on their relatives blogs in school and really encourage them to do the best that they can by simply commenting. It is such a brilliant idea and one that I fully intend to use in my classroom. I would love for parents and family in general to be more supportive and involved in children's education and I believe that my students could greatly benefit from this.

1 comment: